Sunday, March 30, 2008

A380 Envy...

All the A380 hype has not really taken me to the runway... And for an aviation lover like me, that is scary. Although it has been the biggest thing since the 747 launch (my uber fave) all seems quite on the Airbus front. Since Singapore Airlines flew the first A380 to Sydney with much anticipation, all the excitement has also somewhat passed, and quickly!

I find the newest bird in the sky somewhat short, chunky and fat. Agree, or not, the A380 does not grab me like the long, slender 747 with the bubble!

OK, back to my envy... A colleague is flying to Singapore today on the A380 and I am jealous he flew this newest bird first! I am certain there will be many opportunities to fly the A380 in the future, this metal is here to stay. Perhaps I will warm to the A380 like the 747... Time will tell, nostalgia is a fine thing.

Do see below though the newest 747 - the 800 series, nice! Long live the bubble...


No comments: