Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lobster & SQ 777-300ER = Bliss!

After possibly the most amazing trip on the A380 to Singapore, Airgroove then had to make way to Mumbai for more business meetings... As I neared Changi Airport, I was annoyed my flight was departing from T2, so I briskly checked in and made my way to the beautiful T3 Business Class Lounge, such a stunning lounge to relax before your flight... The food is so great, better than the crackers and sandwiches many other major carriers 'serve'. However, I rarely partake - after all, I had 'Booked the Cook' and ordered Lobster!


To begin, I devoured a delicious satay stick mix! Very SQ, or perhaps Malay? Anyway, they were great and when asked by the Purser my favourite Champagne, I mentioned my love for Krug and presto, there was a glass of Krug - a nice touch indeed! The little things, the little things...



The crew on this flight were exceptional, I had met a few of them on previous flights and they remembered me, so i was in for great service! More Krug appeared and there were NO complaints from Airgroove, the flight was barely half full, so there was time for the crew to add the extra effort...

Next up was a refreshing salad of feta cheese, tomato, olives and marinated prawns... All good! Before I could blink, the Lobster Thermador was placed on my table and having had this dish before, it did not excite me like times past... Perhaps the Krug was on my mind! But, it was fine and hit the spot all the same. take a look:



After yet another superb meal on SQ, it was time for a quick nap - before long we were circling the metropolis of Mumbai and I was happy to stay on the plane and spend the night, but that was not going to happen... Sleeping in the new C Class seats on SQ is a dream, oh well, off to the hotel... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food looks wonderful! I heard though that in C class, the lobster is not really 100% lobster (it is some other bug) and you only get the real thing in F. I always love Satay, but to be honest, I find the SQ inflight version to be quite poor. The one you get in the Changi SK lounge is pretty good though. The best satay is on MH in my opinion.