Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SINGAPORE AIRLINES A380 BUSINESS CLASS, AT LAST!!!


Boarding this new amazing iron bird was such an amazing experience! Singapore Airlines, as noted on my blog is one of my favourite and clearly the best airline in the world... The A380 has taken SQ to new levels...!



Just look at the cabin above, it is better than many other airlines' First Class - top notch indeed! I was taken back by the sheer size and width of the Business Class seat, which I will name the best in the sky... Some say that they cannot get comfortable as they seat is toooo wide! I'll gladly sit in a wider seat, anyday! To couple this beautiful new aircraft and Business Class cabin was the amazing crew - it can be very hard to top the service on Singapore Airlines, nothing was ever too much trouble... As I savoured my pre-departure Champagne, I was over excited about the take-off and the service to come on this very first trip for Airgroove on this huge double-decker jet.




First up was a delicious Marinated salmon with feta, tomato and cucumber salad - fresh and crunchy, as one would expect... I enjoyed a bush tomato dressing and scrumptious garlic bread (which seems to be a staple on many airlines now :-)) For the main event, SQ offer 'Book the Cook' on many routes, giving the flyer an option to pre-select dinner from a lovely menu online... I often opt for the lobster when flying out of Singapore Changi Airport, but for this leg desired the Plum duck with yam rice and I was not at all let down by this dish - very good flavours and the duck was cooked to perfection! Having already enjoyed my fair share of Charles Heidsieck Champagne, I was pured a lovely glass (or 3) of the Chateau Patache D'Aux 2004 Cru Bourgeois, the perfect match for my gamey, but somewhat sweet duck dish!


Did somebody then say, cheese!? Of course, I will... The blue as stunning and creamy and matched the red wine so very well - seconds, please!



After all that great food, I could feel a little nap coming on - and with the biggest flat bed in the sky in Business Class, why not! The flight attendant insisted about laying out my bed covered with Givenchy linen, and I was almost in perfect slumber as my head hit the pillow. Singapore Airlines has an amazing C class product and the A380 makes for a perfect trip - do fly and try this great airline, you will want to go back for more, trust Airgroove!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice report, though I do have to mention that the C class seats were introduced on the 777-300ER almost a year before the A380 came into service. If you look closely as well, the seat is actually wider in sleep mode on the 777 ! This is not surprising as the upper deck cabin is actually narrower. So having flown on the 777 a few times, it was actually an anti-climax to fly on the A380. Cheers!