Monday, December 29, 2008

Hola, Barcelona!



Whilst in Europe, apart from enjoy Germany, Airgroove flew from Frankfurt to Barcelona in C Class... My trip went a little something like this:

Check-in at Frankfurt Airport is painless, there are so many check in agents that one vary rarely waits in a queue... We like that! After check-in, I proceeded to the Senator Lounge for a quick brunch. II enjoyed some delicious sausage (of course!) and some salad with a pretzel... My only gripe was the the lounge was SO crowded... It seemed really cramped and small. Oh well, the sausage was good!




After a boarding gate change, which was at the other end of the terminal, we boarded slightly behind schedule... I was seated in 1F and much to my delight had the whole of row 1 to myself! Most European airlines have an average C Class cabin... It is really economy style seating with the middle row blocked and turned into a bigger armrest... Quite strange, really, just put in a bigger comfier seat, please! But the service on both flights to Barcelona was great...



As the plane levelled out, lunch service began, I was intrigued to see what I was going to be served on the 2 hour flight, and it was really good! The theme was apple?! All the dishes had some kind of apple connection... The dishes consisted of the following delicacies: baked apple slices with poultry mousse, fillet of pork served with apple jelly and cherry apples as well as apple and potato salad with fillet of salmon and halibut... Dessert was apple jelly, of course! All very tasty indeed! The apple theme seemed to satisfy Airgroove's taste buds and promoted healthy eating - check it out...



After soaking up Barcelona, now one of my favourite cities it was time to head back to Frankfurt to further discover all things German... As I waved goodbye to this beautiful Spanish city, I began to wonder what food theme awaited me for my return flight? Oh, the suspense! Much to my joy, this flight was offering a regional flavour - not a food group flavour! The 'Flavours of Baden' were going to tantalise the taste buds today. The menu consisted of the following specialities: mushroom salad with walnuts, guinea fowl terrine, potato salad with smoked trout and of course to finish, black forest cherry gateau. It was all very pleasant and went well with the crisp dry chardonnay from Italy...! The FA on this flight was great and made me feel at home...




Another great flight with LH - in fact my first continental flights as we flew over the French Alps, we were treated to an amazing view of the Matterhorn - truly stunning, the Captain ensured that all passengers had the chance to view the amazing mountains as he announced over the PA to look left! Thanks LH! :-)



No comments: