Monday, December 29, 2008

In the pointy end: FRA-BKK...


After almost 2 beautiful weeks in Europe, it was time to head home... :-( But don't worry, Airgroove will be back! As always, check-in at Frankfurt is so easy... Much to my delight my seat request of 4D in the nose section of the jumbo was honoured, the only Business Class single seat! Fantastic! Equally fantastic is the new 'boarding Business class Lounges'. LH have designed mini-lounges inn Terminal 1 in section C of the airport to ensure all Business Class pax can just walk directly onto the flight from the lounge, a very nice touch indeed! It was modern, slick and clean...


I was delighted with seat 4D, I would have no seat mate snoring in my face overnight... Bliss! Athough it felt weird at first just sitting in this 'middle' seat, all on it's own! But I soon realised it was the best seat on the plane - if you are flying alone. I like LH's C Class seat, it is not broken into sections, so not lumpy in anyway... When the bed is flat, it is just one long bed, a comfy one at that! See my seat below an the view into the 'nose' of the 747...




After take-off, the cabin wash awash with Champagne! The FA's were constantly popping corks, what a thirsty bunch we were! Menus were handed out and I immediately know my choices! To begin: Marinated King Prawns with a Curry Mayonnaise and Glass Noodle Salad - it was refreshing and hi the spot, as I am a prawn lover! A cold glass of the Leo Riesling was the perfect match for this dish...



Then for my main course, the LH traditional Roast Goose with Red Cabbage, Potato Dumplings and Herb Crumb Butter. One the of the best meals I have had on a plane - totally delicious! Yum, even! If you ever have the chance to try this dish, do so, it will not disappoint! The crew were efficient on this flight during meal service and seemed to be interested if we were enjoying our meals, a nice touch... To drink: a glass or 3 of 2004 Chateau Haut Madrac, Cru Bourgeois Haut-Medoc, Frankreich. This wines subtle spicy aromas complimented the gamey taste of the goose perfectly...



After a great sleep, I awoke to the clanging of glasses being filled with fresh juice, cranberry for me please! I skipped the full breakfast in favour of cold cuts with some freshly warmed croissants! I was still full from dinner, the goose was seriously good!




Ah, LH you have yet to disappoint! Thank you! I was now keen to leave seat 4D and head directly to the royal Orchid Spa for a massage and then shower before my next flight... The journey home was only half complete!

No comments: