Monday, April 13, 2009

India - Thai-riffic all the way...!


Airgroove would like to apologise first of all for the delay in posting my trip report to India - things have been hectic and I have many more trips to add... They will be posted over the next few weeks.



Again, I had the pleasure of flying Thai from Sydney to Bangkok, connecting to Mumbai - all flights were great. Check-in in Sydney was easy with no queue, I then proceeded right to the Air NZ lounge for a quick breakfast before boarding my 777-200 to BKK. The service on this flight was exceptional, the crew worked really hard to provide fantastic meal service and were visible the whole day flight making regular rounds with drinks etc.

First up was fresh fruit and then I decided to have the Thai option which was chilli prawns with noodles - delicious! It sure beats airline 'eggs' which I despise, there is something about eggs at 35,000ft. that just don't seem right. All in all a good start to the flight - the best options on the menu.






After breakfast, it was lights out! Very strange for this day flight, they closed all the window shades and turned off the lights! Right after eating, it was so sudden! I had a nice sleep though, I was full after breakfast, ZZZzzzzzzz...


I awoke from my long nap to the regular Thai kebabs in a fabulous sauce. Yum! I asked for a second serve :-) Then came the scallops with smoked salmon - really fresh and whetted my appetite for the main course! Duck! It was heaven!




I was SO full, but the cheese and raspberry tart looked too good to refuse - the flight attendant basically forced me to have the tart - which I am glad she did, it was yummo! After having 2 more courses, I was about to explode. The fantastic crew on this flight made the food all the more enjoyable.




After a quick stop over in Bangkok, I boarded my flight to Mumbai, an older style A330 with recliner seating - rather comfortable for a 4 hour flight. The menu on this leg was equally as good as the SYD-BKK flight. To begin: Curry puffs, of course and they were tasty! I could already feel India! The starter was great also, rolled beef and rolled kingfish - truly splendid! I could have had a second serve of this! The main affair was a delicious Madras Lamb Curry - Thai were setting the mood for my first arrival in India!







Another stellar flight with Thai and I arrived in India full of good food - and lotsa wine ready to embark on my first trip on the sub-continent - thanks again Thai!


No comments: