Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jet Airways! Good, but dry...



After an amazing week in Mumbai - a city that pulses energy, 24/7 ( I loved it!) I was ready to board Jet Airways to Delhi for a few final days in India. I have read many great reviews on Jet, and I actually enjoyed my flight, but I somewhat expect a lot from an airline - when you spend so much time flying, it's expected... :-) All in all, I was happy!

Check-in was easy and painless, which is great after being in meetings for 10 hours. I swiftly cleared security and went to the lounge -which was average... It was very cafe style and not an alcoholic beverage to be found! Aaaargh! After such a busy week, I really craved a cold beer or nice glass of wine, oh well I will have one on the plane...


Boarding was via a bus, and the transit was long! We finally arrived at the aircraft and the plane was a shiny new 737-800 aircraft! I was happy indeed, upon entering the aircraft the flight attendants were so friendly and I felt welcome on board, a nice touch indeed... I was now ready to explore another Indian city, Delhi here we come! The Business Class cabin was in 5 rows with a 2X2 config, with recliner seats which were really comfortable.



After taking my seat, I was offered lovely fresh juice and realised that Indian domestic flights are 'dry'... I'd have to wait until my hotel for that well deserved glass of wine! :-) The service was amazing on this 2 hour flight, I was very impressed by the level of professionalism. I opted for the Indian curry for main, but had to send it back, as it was tooooooo hot! I had the pasta instead, both pictures look average, but the food was good! The salad and soup were delicious! The cake was yum. Sugar plus!







Overall, I recommend Jet, the service was so great and I look forward to flying with them again when I visit India in the future! Thanks Jet!

1 comment:

Shreyas said...

Wow.. Super Review.. :-D. Its illeagal to serve alcohol on domestic flights in India. So it was "dry"