Thursday, April 23, 2009

Singing Singapore Airlines' Praises enroute to Beijing!




Ah, Singapore Airlines, without a doubt one of the worlds greatest! Airgroove had the pleasure of flying to Beijing in business Class as a part of a Star Alliance Asia Circle fare, that would allow me to visit China, Japan and Korea. And love every second onboard, even though it was not the A380 :-( Perhaps next time...

Check-in was swift, and very professional, I was promptly given my selected seat on the upper deck and had a 'free' seat next to me all the way to Singapore :-) I also had my desired seat assignment from Singapore to Beijing... Nice! The Singapore Airlines Business Class Lounge is small and intimate, not as good as the Air New Zealand Lounge, as noted before on my blog, but it does the trick nonetheless!



I was anxious to board, I love a good sip of Piper Heidsieck before take-off and Singapore Airline will pour me a glass, even before noon! Taking off without a Champagne or 2 seems just plain wrong! Almost as if 'we cannot go yet, where are the bubbles!' As ever, the flight attendants were amazingly friendly and welcoming, ah, 7 hours of pampering ahead! Nice one!



After reaching cruising altitude, the hunger pangs began, more Champagne flowed, it was vital and our first meal was to be served! Ah, spoilt for choice... After some fab fresh fruit, I decided on the Roast Duck Noodle Soup - delicious! I could have eaten more than 1 bowl! All served in classic Singapore Airline style, awesome!




After a more than satisfying beginning to the flight, it was time for a movie and a snooze... There is seldom a time when one gets to zone out, no phones, the laptop was securely in the overhead locker and I enjoyed 'me' time. Books, magazines and a movie... Good times. The flight was only 8 hours, so before I knew it the smells of another meal were wafting through the upper deck! What to have, what to have...To begin: prawns, mango relish prosciutto ham with melon and mozzarella with tomato, all good and fresh... I had obviously studied the menu for the main course and opted for the Matt Moran (Aria Restaurant, Sydney) inspired Ocean Trout with Miso Crust in Sesame Dressing, Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms with fettuccine, just divine! YUM! All washed with a crisp glass of 2007 Wither Hills Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand, equally as good! Satisfaction, yep, satisfaction!




Culinary delights, followed by landing at the new Terminal 3 at Changi Airport, another first class experience! See the below picture that will lead into my next post: Thanks Singapore Airlines, you so deserve your 5* Rating! :-)



No comments: